If you love wine, then visiting a vineyard is one of the things you must not miss out while in Texas. Among the various vineyards in Texas, Torr Na Lochs in Burnet is one of the places that you must add to your itinerary. The name of the vineyard translates to hill over lakes giving you an idea of the great scenery you can expect to see here.
Why visit this vineyard?
- This vineyard is located in a great place and gives you a view of the Inks Lake and Highland lakes of Hill Country.
- The highlight of a visit to this vineyard is the Tasting room. If you want to experience the best wines, then you can do it at the vineyard.
- The tasting room is open from 12 to 5 on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Sunday. On Friday and Saturday, it is open from 12 to 6. If you visit Saturday afternoon, you can get a chance to listen to live music while tasting wine.
- Apart from the wines, you can try out the cheese platter, panini, salad, or any of the other options on the menu.
- There are great wines on offer for tasting and for purchase. Some of the popular wines on the menu include 2019 Malvasia Bianca, 2018 Sangiovese, 2018 Fion Dearg, 2018 Mads, and 2018 Estate Syrah. All the wines produced at the vineyard are made from local fruits.
- Custom tours of the vineyard are available for small groups. This also includes a private space for tasting. You can even plan events like small weddings in the vineyard amidst sylvan surroundings.
- The vineyard has a wine club that you can consider joining if you want to regularly receive wine bottles for your wine cellar. There are discounts and other offers available for club members.