Who doesn’t love Santa Claus? Kids especially enjoying seeing Santa Claus. Imagine your kids in a museum dedicated to Santa Claus. It is an experience they would enjoy as would you. This is a unique opportunity you will get when you visit Columbus in Texas and one that is not to be missed.
Santa Clause Museum
604 Washington Street, Columbus, Texas 78934.
The usual hours are 11 am to 4 pm. It is recommended to call them on (979) 732 5135 for an appointment before you visit.
Why visit the museum?
- This is a unique museum dedicated to Santa Claus operational since 1990. Located in a quaint old house, the museum has collections of various items dedicated to Santa Claus.
- You can get to see figurines on Santa Claus of different types and sizes from all over the world. There are also dolls, artwork, ornaments, photos, and music boxes displayed. Browsing through the display is a great experience you must enjoy. A total of 3000 pieces are on display at the museum.
- All the exhibits are arranged in 3 distinct collections:
- The Hopkins collection features exhibits from Mary Elizabeth Hopkins and includes a life size Santa. There are 2500 pieces in this collection donated by her family after her death in 1990. The museum started with this collection.
- The Hubenak collection features items collected by Al Hubenak and Neva Lou since 1990. More than 400 dolls and artwork are on display in this collection.
- The Luman collection has a collection of dolls from places as far as Russia and Asia. It also has Lladro ceramic Santas and even mechanical Santas that can move. The collection was donated in 2019 by Elaine and Merrill Luman.
- If you want to experience Christmas round the year, then this is the museum to visit.