This is a must-do if you live in Austin or if you have a day to kill while you’re in town for business or vacation.
LBJ or Lyndon B Johnson is the pride of Texas. After all, he was a Texan who assumed the highest office in the land. Here is an interesting tour known as the LJB tour that that takes you through Texas Hill Country exploring various places related to LJB. The tour that starts from Austin is for a duration of 8 hours and is a great way to see the sights of Texas Hill Country.
Information about the tour
The tour starts with a pick-up from your hotel in Austin. Select downtown hotels are locations for pick-up. You need to confirm with the tour operator if you can be picked up from your hotel. At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back to the starting point. You will need to make a reservation 48 hours prior to the tour and let the operator know your starting point.
The tour includes pick-up and drop-off at select hotels (15 minutes prior to tour start). It includes entry fee to the Lyndon B Johnson state park. The tour covers travel through Texas Hill Country in an air-conditioned vehicle. Food and drink is not included in the tour. You are free to buy food and drink at any place during the tour. Gratuities and tips are not included.
Highlights of the tour
- You will be taken through Texas Hill Country allowing you to explore the place, understand its history, and immerse yourself in the local culture.
- You will be taken to the childhood home of LBJ. A trip to the ‘Texas White House’ (LBJ’s residence) is also part of the tour.
- The Lyndon B Johnson State Park is one of the landmarks of this place and you will be taken to this park.
- You can learn how the German immigrants helped shaped this place. The tour will help you get to know the cowboy culture that is so famous.
- The historic city of Fredericksburg is also covered in the tour.
- You can get to visit Luckenbach that is famous for its country music.
- Each tour will have a maximum of 56 tourists.
- Children must be with an adult and drinking age is 21.
Visit the Texas Hill Country & LBJ Tour website for more information.