The Victor Stanzel Company is known for making model aircraft. If you want to see some of the best model aircraft, then you need to visit the Stanzel Model Aircraft Museum. Located in Schulenburg, the museum tells you the history of this company and its aircraft. It is a great place to visit when you are in this part of Texas.
About Stanzel Model Aircraft Museum
Stanzel Model Aircraft Museum,
311 Baumgarten Street,
Schulenburg, Texas 78956.
Ph: (979) 743 6559.
Visiting hours for the public are:
10:30am to 4:30am on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday.
It is possible to schedule a special tour from Monday to Friday. An appointment needs to be taken in advance for this one hour tour.
Admission to the museum is free.
Why visit the museum?
- Victor and Joe Stanzel are the founders of the model aircraft company. The museum is a tribute to their efforts and genius. It is meant to inform and inspire people of all ages.
- The main museum has static as well as interactive displays of various exhibits that you will love to see. The factory wing is where you can get to understand how the model aircraft are made. These model aircraft were made in the middle of the last century, and you can get to know the technology used and the equipment.
- When you visit the museum, you can also see the homestead and a restored farmhouse.
- You can explore the museum on your own. Alternately, you can opt for a guided tour where you can get a detailed overview of the museum’s history.
- Some of the exhibits you can see at the museum include WW I designs, free-flying model aircraft, children toys, designs of the products, the gas-controlled power line, etc. You can even see life-size mannequins of Victor and Joe working at their table.