What better way to embrace the Texan countryside than by visiting the San Marcos River. It is located at 617 IH 35 North in San Marcos, Texas. The river is a closed water bed that is fed by hundreds of natural springs. Apart from taking in the natural beauty of the river and surroundings, here are a few reasons why a trip to the San Marcos River should be on your bucket list.
- The riverside is perfect for naturalists as it features nature preserves and hiking trails.
- Visitors can take a dip in the river, paddle through its course, stand-up paddling, inner tube, kayak, surf the falls, or snorkel. They can engage in several water recreational activities during the day and night.
- For a unique experience, take the Glass Bottom Tour on Spring Lake. Visitors can literally see the bottom of the river.
- The site also features colorful murals and art displays. In the evenings, be dazzled by the fire painters.
- The river always stays around a pleasant 72 degrees, so visitors can come any time of the year.
- Visitors can engage in kayaking through the rapids during the winter and fall months.
What’s truly special about the San Marcos River is there’s something for everyone. The river has many activities to be enjoyed throughout the year here. This river is so popular that many athletes come here to prep for the Olympics by practicing kayaking at the Rio Vista Park rapids. When you visit the San Marcos River, you may also shop at the beautiful boutique and retail shops, grab delicious morsels of Texan flare, or take a walk through the area’s green space.
Are you ready to embrace Texas’s natural beauty? Visit the San Marcos River today.