This is a park for nature lovers. When the weather is nice (most of the year) this is the go-to park for nature lovers. When you’re in Boerne on a nice day, this is a must-visit park.
River Road Park is one of the most popular parks in Boerne, Texas. This park is located on the Cibolo creek banks and is linear. The park is a great place to visit for nature lovers and those who want to enjoy great scenery. It also has trails to help visitors explore the park. This park was previously called Riverside park before it was renamed. It underwent major changes with new sidewalks, piers, and picnic areas.
415 River Road Boerne Texas 78006.
Hours of Operation
The park is open daily from 5am – midnight.
Why should you visit this park?
The park is one of the best maintained public green space in the city which makes it a popular destination for tourists and visitors. There are also plenty of things to do in the park.
- At the eastern end of River Road Park is the Dietert Mill Dam. This dam is one of the attractions of the park.
- Since the park is located next to the river, there are plenty of geese and wild ducks that you can spot as you stroll through the park.
- The park is good for a stroll to help you enjoy the greenery and landscape.
- There are trails in the park that you can use to get a good walk.
- The park has public restrooms and water for people and dogs.
- If you are in the mood for a picnic, there are many picnic tables that you can use to enjoy a great time while social distancing with your pod.
- Fishing piers are available for those who want to enjoy fishing in the river.
- The park is well-lit at night which makes it readily available for night runners.
- There is no entry fee to visit the park.
- Parking spots are limited and you can park in town to walk to the park.
- Once you are done with your walk, you can visit any number of restaurants overlooking the creek for a great meal.
- The park is popular for dog walkers.
- The trails are wheelchair friendly.
Visit the River Road Park website for more information.