When you are in Johnson City in Texas, one of the places to visit is the Pedernales Falls State Park. If you are looking to spend a great time amidst nature, then you need to visit this park rated as the No.2 place to visit here. There are many reasons why you must not miss out visiting this park.
Reasons to visit Pedernales Fall State Park
- The park is spread over a vast space of 5,212 acres and offers you activities like hiking, swimming, camping, horse riding, and bird watching.
- If you are game for a quarter mile tough hike, then you can reach a great spot to swim in the park.
- The camping park allows you to bring your RV and spend a relaxing time. Sites are available with electricity and water for your convenience.
- Hiking and mountain biking facilities are available. There are different trails that offer different difficulty levels for hiking. Choose the one most comfortable for you and enjoy a beautiful hiking experience.
- If you like to canoe or kayak, then the swimming area offers you all these options.
- There is a trail for horse riding for those interesting to explore nature on horseback.
- The park offers ranger programs for kids. This is a program that kids would definitely enjoy. There is also a program available for teachers at a site certified by Texas Aquatic Science
- If bird watching is what you prefer, there are many spots where you can relax with your binoculars and spot different varieties of birds.
- Entry to the park is free for children 12 and under. For all others, a fee of $6 needs to be paid. There are special bookings available for school groups.
- Pets are allowed at the park subject to compliance with the local rules.
- Watch out for the various events held at the park that allow you to have a great time.