When you are in Burnet in Texas and want to spend time visiting caverns, then visit the Longhorn Cavern State Park. These caves are the national caves of Texas and a must visit place in the state. Take a look at the reasons why you should visit Longhorn Cavern State Park.
Why visit this place?
- The park is in existence from the 1930s. Of the various attractions in the park, the Cavern is the star attraction. The Cavern has been formed by the action of a river. The cave tours are something you must not miss.
- There are two tours in this place. One is the walking tour where a guide takes you through the cavern system telling you the history of the cave and showing you key features. This is a basic tour that is best suited for everyone, including families.
- If you want a bit of adventure while exploring the caves, then choose the Wild cave tour. This is a tour that takes you deep into the caves where there is a bit of adventure involved. Safety gear is provided so you can enjoy the tour without worries.
- Apart from the caves, you can view the original buildings in the park that dates back to the 1930s.
- There is a trail in the park that you can explore leisurely before visiting the caves. You can have a picnic lunch under the trees.
- Don’t forget the visit the observation tower in the park. From the top of this tower, you can get a great view of the entire park. You can see the iconic Falkenstein Castle and most of Hill Country.
- There is a snack bar with snacks and cold drinks on offer for you to enjoy after your tour.
- If you want to take home memorabilia, then visit the gift shop. You can take home rocks and gems from here as gifts for your loved ones.