When you visit Hallettsville in Texas, then one of the places that you must add to your itinerary is the Lavaca Historical Museum. While visiting any place, tourists generally prefer to visit museums to know about the history and culture of the place. To learn about the history of Lavaca County, you must visit this museum.
Reasons to visit the Lavaca Historical Museum
Here are some of the reasons why you must visit the Lavaca Historical Museum in Hallettsville, Texas:
- The museum is one of the popular places in Hallettsville and is frequented by visitors to the city. The museum is open on Wednesday and Thursday from 10 am to 4 pm and on Friday from 12 pm to 4 pm. This schedule can change in the days to come and you can confirm the same before visiting.
- The museum is the best place to visit know about the history of the county. The museum has been started with the aims of exhibiting artifacts, educating visitors, and inspiring visitors to understand and appreciate the history of the place.
- The museum is operational for more than 30 years with a new location from the past 10 years.
- The museum has a large number of exhibits. These exhibits unravel different aspects of the local history. The exhibits are interesting and offer a lot of information. Children, in particular, would enjoy reading about all these exhibits to learn more about them. They would indeed inspire them to look for more information. The exhibits are arranged under categories like:
- Texas State Championship High School Rodeo
- Cattle Country
- South Central Texas Semi-Pro Baseball Hall of Fame
- Pioneer Life
- Replica Fiddlers Frolic Hall of Fame
- Medical and Pharmacy
- Another interesting thing about the museum is the display of mystery photos. These are photos about which not much information is known. The public are invited to provide information on these photos.