If you are visiting Lavaca County in Texas, then one of the places you must visit is the Veterans War Memorial. This war memorial is dedicated to all the soldiers from Lavaca County who gave up their lives fighting for the nation. The memorial is dedicated to soldiers who fought in the Vietnam War and also the Korea war and the two world wars.
Why visit the memorial?
The Lavaca County Texas Veterans War Memorial is a place that you must visit. There are several reasons for this including:
- This is a sacred place where you would pay your tributes to those who have fallen on the battlefield and have sacrifices their lives for the country. Whether you have a relative who fought in the war or just want to pay tribute to the soldiers of the country, you can do it at this memorial.
- The memorial has the names of all the fallen soldiers from Lavaca County. If you want to spot the name of a loved one, you can do it by visiting the memorial.
- This memorial is in existence from 1986 and thousands of people visit the memorial every year to pay tributes.
- The memorial is in the form of a monument that is made from natural limestone. On top of this is a Cobra AH-1 helicopter used in the Vietnam War. This is why the memorial is popularly referred to as the Vietnam memorial.
- The memorial has flagpoles at each of the ends. One flagpole has the US flag and the other the Texas flag.
- The memorial is open on all days of the week and can be visited at any time of the day. Whenever you visit Lavaca County, you can drop into this memorial and pay your respects to the valiant soldiers who gave up their lives for the country.