When you are visiting Burnet in Texas and wondering how to spend time, then one of the top-rated attractions to visit in Inks Lake State Park. This 1,200-acre state park has the Inks Lake that spans 803 acres. There are plenty of things to do at this park when you visit with family and friends.
Why visit the park?
- Whether you want to visit for a day trip or stay overnight, Inks Lake State Park is a great option.
- The vast lake offers various options that include swimming, boating, fishing, and scuba diving. Paddling and water skiing are also available at the lake for you to have an enjoyable time. You can rent boats, paddles, canoes, rods, reels, and all other things you need to have a great time.
- You can camp at this park at any of the 200 campsites and relax with your family enjoying a picnic or playing volleyball. There is a lot of demand for this park, which is why it is recommended you make reservations before visiting. There is a special camping area for youth groups.
- Apart from the campsites, there are 22 cabins available for you to stay. There are two disabled-friendly cabins.
- There are waterfalls in the park that you can visit and have a great time.
- If you like hiking, then there are 9 miles of trails available that take you through forests and hills.
- There are Ranger programs that feature canoe tours, nature walks and geology hikes. There is also a Junior Ranger program at the park.
- The park is well-maintained and has excellent facilities. This includes a general store where you can buy necessities.
- The state park has an app that allows you to make reservations allowing you to enjoy the facilities.
- This is a great place to visit to enjoy the beauty of nature at its pristine best.