This is the largest livestock show in the world and has a lot on offer for visitors. This is a unique event that is not to be missed for new residents of Navasota, Texas.
The Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show is an annual event held at the NRG Park in Houston. This is the largest livestock show in the world and has a lot on offer for visitors. This is a unique event that is not to be missed for new residents of Navasota, Texas. The show that first started in 1932, showcases Texas heritage of the west. It also supports Texas youth with the Rodeo committing more than $550 million for educational support. The total attendance for the most recent show was 851,822 that shows how popular it is.
Why visit the show?
There are many reasons why you should visit the Houston Livestock and Rodeo show:
- The show sees visitors from all over the world visiting. The show is not just about riding and livestock, there is a lot more that happens here.
- The horse shows are a popular attraction and the are shows for horses that expertly herd cattle are the most popular.
- Livestock shows are one of the main attractions at this event. A variety of livestock is displayed and judges award prizes.
- There are racing events that you will enjoy when you visit the show. Barrel racing and chuck wagon racing are exciting races that players and spectators always enjoy.
- Bull riding is one of main the attractions of the show. This thrilling event happens in front of spectators with participants trying to hold on to ferocious bulls and ride them for at least eight seconds.
- Texas food has its own attraction and people visit the show to enjoy Texan food at its best. The World championship Bar-B-Que cookoff is held here allowing people to enjoy the best the state has to offer. A culinary feast awaits participants.
- Rodeo uncorked is another popular event held at the show. This is a wine experience event where you can taste the best wines and buy them to take home. There is also an international wine competition held every year.
- There are concerts held at the venue every day where some of the most popular musicians entertain the masses.